UK qualifications are recognized and respected all over the world. It is the oldest established educational system & provides a solid foundation for all skills required to do well and succeed in a globalised world economy.
- The international alumni from UK institutions includes many leading politicians, thinkers and business people who have had an important influence on the world such as Bill Clinton (former President of the USA), Wole Soyinka (Nobel prize-winning author) and Imran Khan (cricket legend and politician).
- The sheer variety of specializations means finding a course that suits your real interests, your ambitions and passions.
Modern Learning Environment:
Employers want employees who can think effectively, creatively and independently. UK institutions use a variety of teaching and assessment methods to encourage independence as well as mastery of the subject. Students are expected to use the information they are given to stimulate their original thinking.
- Realization of earning potentials sooner.
- Numerous Scholarships and bursaries offered by UK institutions.
- Almost free health care by National Health Service.
- Student discount facilities provided free through National Union of Students membership for all students.
- Cosmopolitan place to live.
- Home to numerous ethnic groups and nationalities from around the world.
- Tolerant. stable society where students learn about diverse range of people.
- Compared to other educational destinations shorter duration programs.
- Undergraduate — 3 years, Postgraduate — 1 year.
UK – Education System
- 13- Years of education required for direct entry to year-1 of UG degree
- 65% and above for humanities in FSC, 70 — 80% and above for Science, Commerce, Engineering in FSC.
- 2nd class could also be considered by some Universities if there is some additional qualification / experience.
- Completed / will complete 18 years of age before joining a degree program.
- 16- Years of education required for direct entry to a PG degree. 60% and above in 1st degree is required by most of the Universities for Masters and Research courses.
- Some may even take students at 55% and above in the 1st degree.
- GMAT scores ranging 500 — 650 by many Universities for Management Programs if required.
- Full time work experience of at least 1 — 3 years after 1st degree required by many Universities for Management Programs (MBA). The same may vary from University to University.
- For Management Programs (MBA), some Universities have a minimum entry age of 25 years.
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5 for Postgraduate and 6.0 for Undergraduate Studies.
- TOEFL score of 237 for Postgraduate and 223 for Undergraduate Studies.
- Exemption is possible, if University can access the candidate English skills (conditions apply).
Applying for Undergraduate Courses
- Applications are made only through UCAS
- It is an online application method
- One can apply to 6 different Universities on the same application form
Sandwich and Foundation Programs
Sandwich programs are made up of a combination of periods of study and time spent in industry. So the course duration extends to 4 years instead of the usual 3 years. Foundation programs are of 1 year duration and are generally tailored for students as an alternative route to bridge between one’s own qualification and which is required for entry for a degree program in a university / college.
Please note that it is advisable to meet the 1st Deadline which is 15TH January. Students are strongly advised to apply sooner as the application process may take time due to Universities getting an overwhelming number of applications.
Applying for Postgraduate Courses
- Application Forms (available at our offices free of cost. One can apply to numerous Universities)
- Few Universities charge an application process fee
- Most Universities do not have deadlines but it is advised to apply at least 6/8 months in advance (especially if applying to a Popular University)
Documents Required for an Application:
- Attested copies of mark sheets of 0/A level, X/ XII, and all the 3 / 4 / 5 years of the Bachelors degree
- At least 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently. One reference in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself
- If you have work experience then at least one work recommendation from the employer who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Photocopied score reports of IELTS / TOEFL if available / required
- Portfolio (in case of Students applying for art and design courses)
- Others (certificates / achievements at the State and National Level and extracurricular activities)
Student visas are relatively easy to obtain. Most of the applicants from Pakistan who provide a CAS from a UK University and evidence of financial support for tuition fees and living costs are issued visas. In addition to this our academic counselors, we have dedicated visa counselors who are trained in visa formalities to help students with the above. Unconditional offer/CAS Letter from a university is must to have before applying for a visa. Along with the visa form you need to submit personal information, academic qualifications, TB Test report, Bank statement etc. Generally, you are granted a visa for the entire duration of the course in the UK. All student visas are Multi Entry Visas.
Employment in UK
Government colleges/University Students can work up to 20 hours a week during term time and full time during vacations.